Rick C. Reed & Company, PLLC has its beginning as Bryan Baldridge, CPA in San Marcos, Texas in 1958. In 1962 Ronald O. Wilson moved to San Marcos and became a partner in the firm of Baldridge and Wilson, CPA’s.
In 1966 an arrangement was made with Rick C. Reed, who was employed by Haskins & Sells in Houston to come back to Central Texas (Reed was a San Marcos native) and open an office in New Braunfels under the Firm name of Baldridge, Wilson & Reed, CPA’s. Over the next ten years there were several changes in the firm. In 1976 Reed obtained 100 % ownership of the firm.
On January 1, 1978 partnership interests were acquired by employees, Stuart J. Wright, and David A. Carr, and the firm name was changed to Reed & Company, CPA’s. On June 1, 1985 Mike G. Dickey was admitted as a partner. The firm was incorporated as a professional corporation on October 1, 1985. Effective January 1, 1986, two additional partners, Karen C. Ricks, and Stephen C. Lee purchased ownership interests.
On January 1, 1990 David A. Carr retired from the firm. On May 1, 1993, there was a reorganization of the firm resulting in Mike G. Dickey and his Wimberley office being spun off as a separate firm.
In June of 1994 Reed, Wright, Ricks & Lee formed a Professional Limited Liability Company as Rick C. Reed & Company, PLLC and moved their professional services to that entity. In July of 1995 Karen C. Ricks withdrew from the firm. Ken Ward became a partner in 1999 and Elton Reneau was admitted as a partner in 2008. After 48 years of service, Rick Reed retired from the firm on December 31, 2014. In July 2015, David Crumbaugh became a partner.